Headway Portsmouth and South East Hampshire has been a registered charity since 1986. We became an incorporated charity limited by guarantee in 2001.
We provide support to people with brain injury and other forms of acquired brain injury, their family members, carers, and interested professionals.
Although affiliated to the national charity, Headway Portsmouth and South East Hampshire is a separate and independent charity not funded by Headway UK. We rely entirely on our own funded contracts, grants and income generated through donations, fundraising and the trading of our two charity shops.
We support those affected by brain jury to understand, adapt and accept the changes brain injury brings to their lives enabling them to achieve maximum independence within their own community.
Our mission is to bring positive change in the lives of those affected by acquired brain injury, their carers and families. To promote understanding of all aspects of brain injury and to provide information, support and services to people with acquired brain injury, their family and carers.
Aims and Objectives:
- To increase public awareness and understanding of head injury and acquired brain injury
- To participate in activities that will reduce the incidence of head injury and acquired brain injury
- To provide information and support for people with head injury and acquired brain injury, and to their family members and carers
- To promote co-ordinated multi-disciplinary approaches to head injury services
- To assist people with head injury and acquired brain injury to return to community living